WinMOD Libraries are created with the help of WinMOD Elements in the WinMOD System Software.
WinMOD Components for virtual control and rule
WinMOD Components for simplified engineering, for in-depth simulation
WinMOD Mathematics Library Differential (Differential mathematical elements)
WinMOD Mathematics Library Signal Generators (Elements for signal types)
WinMOD Mathematics Library Statistics (Evaluation of simulation runs, statistical distribution)
WinMOD Physics Library Constants (Collection of physical constants and parameters for material properties)
WinMOD Physics Library Units (Collection of internal analog formats for physical units)
WinMOD Components for drives simulation
WinMOD Mathematics Library Motion (Elements for motion path for drives) chargeable
WinMOD Library Converters (Elements for scaling: physically to percent, percent to physical)
WinMOD Library Decoder and Multiplexer (DecoMux)
WinMOD Components for mass flow simulation in process plants
WinMOD Lib Package FlowT (Elements for material flow model for liquids, gases, bulk solids) chargeable
WinMOD Components as tools for process simulation
WinMOD Process Library Utilities (Collection of useful elements)
The WinMOD Library Controllers provides elements for continious state (PID) controllers and for discrete state controllers. A number of 2-step and 3-step controllers is a vailable for simple control task.
The PID-controllers can be parameterized by Kp, Ki and Kd or by K, Ti and Td parameter sets. Each of the P-, I- and D-shares can be switched on or off. A dead area is provided, the range of the control value is restricted and the control value is provided in several variants. The extended version provides a manual control with smooth transition to automatic mode as well as feed-forward control. Special HMI-elements allow for manual operation with closed-loop control.
The simple Sequence-Controller was inespecially developped for usage during planning and project preparation, when the control system is not yet available. It is very verstile and can be easily configured for delays, sub-sequences, branschings, loops, parallel execution, synchronization, e.t.l.
The WinMOD Library Human Machine Interface offers many examples for the design and realization of own control elements for WinMOD Users.
The examples include:
- switching between two states
- switching between multiple states
- key switch
- analog displays
- dialogue menus
- flashing lights and signal horns (visually displayed)
- traffic control signal
The WinMOD Mathematics Library Differential provides differential elements units with physical units:
- integrators (simple, double)
- differentiator (single, double, with/without attenuation)
- delay elements (exponential, complex)
Examples showing the application
- use with different physical units
- cascade controller
- differential equation for a spring-mass system
- system of partial differential equations for a chemical reaction
- coupled pendulum as a vibratory system
The WinMOD Mathematics Library Signal Generators provides elements for creating a variety of signal types:
- cyclic regular: pulse, sine, rectangle, etc.
- cyclic table-defined: pulse, cyclic sequences
- random: random noise (evenly distributed)
- random in time: pulses, sequences
- random with statistical distributions
Examples showing the application:
- adaptation to physical units
- water consumption during halftime breaks
- accidental water consumption
- randomized arrival rates for parts
The WinMOD Mathematics Library Statistics provides elements for the evaluation of simulation runs and for statistical distributions.
- mean value, range of values (minimum and maximum value)
The evaluation is available in two variants:
- exact: all recorded values are equally weighted
- adaptive: the weighting decays over time
Examples showing the application:
- value range analysis
- control the recording
- statistical distributions and their histograms
- user-defined statistical distributions
- distribution functions and signal generators
WinMOD Physics Library Constants provides physical constants like density, heat capacity, etc. as they are needed for process modelling. It provides fast access to a small but practical set of values. It is easy to handle and directly integrates into the WinMOD Engineering.
It provides the following material properties:
- Basic: density, heat capacity, upper heating value
- Gasses: boiling temperatures, critical point data (p, T), acentric factor, Van der Waals parameters
- Molar Masses: for elements and molecules, with molar mass calculator
- Vapor Pressure Curves: measured values in tables, Magnus formula, Antoine parameters and formula, Ambrose-Walten method
The WinMOD Physics Library Units is an extensive collection of internal analog formats for physical units. These include: time, masses, mass flow, angles, increments, increments per angle, distances, velocities, volumes, electrical current, light intensity, pH, and much more.
WinMOD Mathematics Library Motion provides elements for the motion behaviour of drives. They are used, for example, as core elements of frequency converters:
- positioning with infinite acceleration (default: target position and speed)
- continuous (default: target speed and acceleration)
- positioning with acceleration ramps (default: target position, target speed, acceleration)
Examples showing the application:
- adaptation to different physical sizes
- conversion of ramp time into acceleration
- slow motion and fast motion
- reference point approach
- synchronization of master and slave drives
- frequency converter
The library provides a number of converters between physical units and the ranges, [0…100,00] and [0…1]. Furthermore, it provides converters between physical units and the restrictions of ranges.
The converters are mostly used in drives and sensors to convert the engineering units of the automation system. Typical examples are sensor values for distances, temperatures and mass flows or actor values like position, motion speed and power.
The library provides the typical decoders 2-to-4, 3-to-8, 4-to-16 and multiplexers for binary, digital, analog signals. Each of the sets can be controlled by digital as well as by binary selection signals.
The multiplexers „Priority Select“ are of special importance for the construction of frequency drives (FC) to select the right motion parameters in the different operation modes and exception handlings. They provide for each digital or analog input one binary selection signal. The pairs of signals are prioritized
which results in a prioritized selection of operation modes.
The WinMOD Library Package „FlowT“ (Mass-Flow with Temperature) simulates material flow and processes for liquids, gasses and bulk goods. The material flows are unidirectional with simple physics, which makes them easy to handle and easy to parameterize. This package can be acquired in addition to the WinMOD System Software.
It currently includes the following libraries:
- WinMOD Lib FlowT Basic: basic elements: tanks, valves, branchings, mass and flow sensors, etc.
- WinMOD Lib FlowT Detailed Heat: detailed heat treatment: heat exchangers, thermal masses, etc.
- WinMOD Lib FlowT Conveyors: bulk goods conveying: belt conveyors, screw conveyors
- WinMOD Lib FlowT Auxiliaries: additional functions: conversions volume to masses
The WinMOD Process Library Utilities provides a variety of small and helpful items:
- min and max functions
- simple conversion of value ranges
- simple integrators with units
- simple positioning drive (eg for control valves)
- often multiplexer
- prioritized multiplexers
- decoder 2-to-4, 3-to-8, 4-to-16, digital and analog